One of the major focus area of the Skill India Mission is to prepare our youth for opportunities of employment in the global markets. To meet this objective, Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship is setting up India International Skill Centers (IISC) to provide skill trainings and certification benchmarked to International Standards.
India International Skill Centers shall be set up through the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and shall impart training through the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) and Pravasi Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PKVY) to youth seeking global mobility for jobs.
- IISCs shall be state-of-the-art centers equipped with lab infrastructure to deliver International benchmarked training and certification programs.
- IISCs to be setup at the overseas migration pockets of the country for equipping trainees looking to migrate overseas
- Pre-Departure Orientation Training (PDOT) modules to be part of the trainings at IISCs which shall make the trainees adjust to the culture, language and environment of the migrating country as well as provide the necessary digital literacy skills
- IISCs shall look to develop placement linkages to international countries through direct tie ups with Employers or Recruitment Agents approved by the Ministry of External Affairs
- Post the successful completion of the assessments, candidates would be awarded a joint certification of the Indian Sector Skill Council and the International Awarding Organisation
For any questions or suggestions, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org